- Last updated: July 20th,, 2020
- First update: December 23rd, 2019
- Version 1.0: December 20th, 2018
- Personal data
Vitae AG, as a Swiss company, is fully compliant with the Swiss Federal Act on Data Protection of June 19th, 1992 (hereinafter ‘FADP’).
Because Vitae AG is also active in the EU, our company is also fully compliant with the European Regulation 2016/679 of April 27th, 2016 on the protection of personal data (hereinafter ‘GDPR’).
The limited amount of personal data which we will store shall be collected in the following ways:
- Social Media Platform (vitae.co):
- Off course as a member of the VITAE AG Social Media Platform you have the right to add information and media with respect to our Terms and Conditions. This information that you can add will be stored until you delete this data yourself.
- There are many ways to express yourself on the VITAE AG Social Media Platform and to communicate with friends, family, and others about what matters to you – for example, sharing status updates, photos, videos, and stories, sending messages to a friend or several people, creating events or groups, or adding content to your profile. Once you have deleted this data form the VITAE AG Social Media Platform, VITAE AG only will store this data for a maximum term of 24 hours (because of technical backup reasons).
- Business relations: When you contact VITAE AG regarding our services as a (potential) customer or partner, we process your full name, contact details (e-mail address, telephone number, office and/or residential address), and other information necessary for the order, invoicing or collaboration (such as your bank details, contact history or information regarding your previous orders);
- Marketing: if you give us your explicit approval, we shall process your full name and e-mail address, for direct marketing, sending newsletters, offers and promotions about our products and services. You can always unsubscribe or at any time and without any costs.
We don’t sell your personal data to advertisers, and we don’t share information that directly identifies you (such as your name, email address, mobile or other contact information) with other parties such as advertisers unless you give us specific permission.
Although you are never obliged to give us your personal data, a refusal to provide the necessary data may hinder or make it impossible for us to provide our services and to obtain a personal membership for the Vitae AG Social Media Platform.
- Purposes for processing
We process your personal data as part of our general customer and order management or in order to provide our services. This includes customer administration, following up on orders and deliveries, invoicing, answering questions and for marketing purposes.
The processing takes place on the basis of the following types of legal bases:
- Based on your approval;
- If it is necessary for implementing the Agreement;
- If it is necessary in order to comply to a legal obligation for Vitae AG;
- In order to protect your vital interests or those of others;
- In order to complete a task of general interest;
- If it is absolutely necessary for the defence of our legal interests to conduct business.
Insofar as the processing of personal data takes place on the basis of your explicit approval, you still have the right to withdraw your approval at any time and without any costs.
- Sharing with third parties
If this is necessary in order to achieve the aforementioned purposes, we may share your personal data with employees and our professional partners. Our partners shall in turn take all the reasonable necessary technical and organisational measures in order to protect your personal data.
We shall never commercialise your personal data by transferring them to third parties. However, in the case of a possible reorganisation or the transfer of activities, the data which is part of our company activities may be transferred to third parties.
In certain cases, we may be obliged to transfer your personal data on the basis of a court order or a binding legislation, such as part of fraud prevention or security issues, or in order to protect our rights.
- Storage period
We shall process and store the personal data for as long as is necessary in order to accomplish the aforementioned purposes, according to our contractual relationship, to comply with legal requirements, or as part of a standard retention mechanism which is reasonably limited in time (back-ups).
- Your rights
You have the right to freely obtain at any moment access to your personal data, as well as to be informed about the purpose of the processing by Vitae AG.
You have the choice to share your personal data with Vitae AG. You also have the right to request Vitae AG to correct, delete or complement your personal data. You acknowledge that a refusal to share data or a request to delete these data will make the delivery of certain services and/or products impossible.
You can also request the processing of your personal data to be limited.
You have the right to object to the processing of your personal data when you have serious and legitimate reasons to do so.
You also have the right to object to the use of your personal data for purposes of direct marketing. In such case specific reasoning will not be requested.
You have the right to obtain your personal data which is processed by Vitae AG in a structured, usual form, readable by machines and/or to transfer this data to another data controller.
When the processing is based on prior consent you have the right to withdraw this consent.
The processing of your personal data does not include profiling, nor shall you be subjected to automated decisions.
To exercise the aforementioned rights, you can contact us via email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Upon receiving your request, we must be able to verify your identity.
Besides contacting Vitae AG directly, You have also the right to file an official complaint with:
– the Office of the Federal Data Protection and Information Commissioner (FDPIC), Feldeggweg 1, CH – 3003 Berne, Switzerland, tel +41(0)58 462 43 95 or email: email@example.com;
– and based on the EU GDPR, e.g. the Belgian Data Protection Authority, Drukpersstraat 35, 1000 Brussels, Belgium, tel +32(0)2 274 48 00 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
We have adopted safety measures which are suited on both a technical and an organisational level in order to avoid the destruction, the loss, the forgery, the adjustment, the non-authorised access or the notification of the personal data by accident to a third party, as well as the non-authorised processing of these data.
Vitae AG shall not be liable in any way for direct or indirect damages caused by a wrongfully or improper use of the personal data by a third party.
At all times you shall comply with safety standards, for instance by avoiding all non-authorised access to your personal login and access code. You are solely responsible for the use of the Website and the Platform on your computer or other device, IP-address and identification data, as well as for the confidentiality.
Personal data shall only be passed on to a partner in a country outside the European Economic Area if the country guarantees appropriate security levels for your personal data. Before sharing personal data with a partner in the United States of America, we require a separate processing agreement or a certification in accordance with the Privacy Shield Framework (www.privacyshield.gov).